Accounts Receivable, Finance Department
The Accounts Receivable Accountant reports to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce and its related organization, the Brooklyn Alliance. The position is responsible primarily for Accounts Receivable and assisting the CFO with grants reporting and other accounting issues.
In addition, the position is responsible for special projects as directed by the President and CEO.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily entry of cash receipts
- Daily tracking of bank deposits
- Record and deposit all cash receipts
- Reconcile and correct credit card transactions
- Respond to credit card chargebacks
- Assist with monthly cash reconciliations
- Prepare weekly cash receipts reconciliation
- Process ADP bi-weekly payroll
- Prepare, enter and reconcile bi-weekly payroll journal entries
- Prepare payroll allocation by grants and other funding sources
- Assist in month-end financial statement close
- Assist with annual government and independent audits
- Support other accounting projects, as necessary
- All Chamber staff also assists with enrollment and retention of Chamber Members.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of revenue accounting and accounts receivable standard processes
- Excellent organizational skills with detail orientation
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to determine when assistance is needed
- Intermediate skills in MS Excel
- Intermediate skills in MS Word
- Knowledge of Financial Edge accounting software
- Knowledge of Weblink Membership Management software
- 4-year college degree in Accounting, or a combination of relevant experience and education
- 2 years’ experience
Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package, an EEO employer.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Accounts Receivable Accountan