General Account Manager, NYC Business Solutions
The General Account Manager is a position of the NYC Business Solutions, Brooklyn Center operated by the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce. The position is responsible for contributing to the day to-day operations of delivering high-quality services to help small businesses in Brooklyn to start, operate, and expand. Specifically, the General Account Manager manages the administrative and support services that are the core of the Center’s daily operation. This work includes assessing the potential of entrepreneurs to start a business, answering questions regarding licenses and permits, and pre-screening clients for the NYC Business Solutions set of services. The General Account Manager is also responsible for business course coordination, scheduling, data entry, reporting and M/WBE certification portfolio. In addition, the position is responsible for special projects as directed by the President and CEO and the Center Director.
About NYC Business Solutions:
NYC Business Solutions is a set of services offered by the New York City Department of Small Business Services (SBS) to help businesses start, operate and expand in New York City. NYC Business Solutions has been at the forefront of the Mayor’s commitment to help business customers, providing small businesses and entrepreneurs with the ability to access government services by phone, online, or in person at NYC Business Solutions Centers located in business districts throughout the five boroughs. The NYC Business Solutions set of services consists of: Business Courses, Legal Assistance, Financing, Incentives, Navigating Government, Recruitment, Training, Selling to Government and M/WBE Certification.
About the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce:
The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce is a community of Members that supports and advocates for its Member businesses, and promotes a healthy and robust business environment in Brooklyn.
The Brooklyn Chamber has over 2,200 Members, including local, regional and national businesses with customers or business interests in neighborhoods across the borough. The Chamber's membership mirrors the Brooklyn business community. From proprietors to large corporations, Member businesses represent industries such as financial services, energy, insurance, manufacturing, dining, shopping, wholesale and retail trade, fashion, hospitality, health care, real estate and communications.
- Collaborating with a team to deliver the NYC Business Solutions set of services, in the areas of business education, financing and recruitment, which is designed to help entrepreneurs start, operate, and expand their businesses in New York City.
- Greeting incoming clients, providing information on the set of NYC Business Solutions services, and answering
- questions from entrepreneurs and other visitors.
- Conduct regular follow-ups with customers to improve the quality of Center service delivery and customer
- Liaison with a Course Manager from NYC Department of Small Business Services to offer monthly workshop calendar and manage space reservation, Center service marketing, RSVPs, and required logistic support.
- Other tasks and duties that support the Center and Brooklyn entrepreneurs, as assigned.
- Create and maintain complete records of customer accounts, including detailed content on sales and service delivery activities completed, and full profile information for the business customer, in the system’s CRM database.
- Respond to all customer inquiries in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with quality assurance best practices and Center standards.
- Attend trainings and mentoring sessions as provided by NYC Business Solutions in order to enhance services delivered.
- Provide feedback to team members, the Center Director, and SBS on an ongoing basis in order to improve the system’s ability to achieve outcomes and provide high-quality services.
- A strong belief in the potential of small businesses and the value of understanding their needs and helping them to succeed.
- Solid work ethic and high level of professional integrity.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of small business assistance and business support programs in New York City.
- Experience using customer relationship management tools or other database systems in order to track and manage services and outcomes.
- Ability to manage towards goals in order to ensure the successful achievement of those goals by specific deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in both a team and individual setting.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with a diverse array of internal and external stakeholders.
- Flexible, adaptable, customer-focused, and goal-oriented with a commitment to high standards of excellence.
- The ability to think innovatively and generate new ideas that can translate directly into results.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Possess a good understanding of the small business landscape in New York City
- Proven analytical, written, and oral communication
- Capacity to create and cultivate business development leads
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Full benefits package.
- The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce is an EEO employer.
How to Apply:
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter including the following subject line:
General Account Manager to: email@example.com
NOTE: ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES UNDER CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED.