P/T Recruitment Specialist
P/T Recruitment Specialist, Good Help Services
The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce is the sole borough-wide economic development and membership organization and is the largest and #1 ranked Chamber of Commerce in New York State.
Good Help is the free employment service offered to Brooklyn businesses. Good Help has been serving the Brooklyn business community for over 15 years. The Good Help program is a workforce intermediary which assists Brooklyn businesses with finding, hiring and retaining qualified employees. Good Help works with a variety of community based organizations, workforce training entities, offices of elected officials, colleges and technical training schools in an effort to source the most qualified candidates for member businesses. Good Help services include: posting open jobs, developing job descriptions, prescreening jobseekers, interviewing jobseekers, computer skills testing, referral and placement of potential jobseekers.
Position Description: The Recruitment Specialist serves as one of the primary professional staff positions within the Good Help program. This position will report on daily functions to the Director of Good Help Services and the VP, Business Services and report on special projects and assignments as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing and processing of Good Help job seekers by conducting screening interviews to determine compatibility with specified job requirements.
- Working with referral agencies including community based organizations, employment and training providers and offices of elected officials to solicit appropriate candidates for open Good Help jobs.
- Conduct interview and job search workshops for communities.
- Attend all community partnership meetings.
- Provide constructive feedback to referral agencies about candidates referred to Good Help through the use of approved internal systems.
- Conduct field visits to Good Help businesses in an effort to determine job conditions; providing support to businesses for staffing and related workforce development business services.
- Participate in both internal and external events as necessary, including job fairs, trade shows, networking events and seminars.
- Conduct outreach to businesses to increase the number of employers providing job openings to Good Help.
- Meet monthly goals for job placements
- Support the Director and Vice President with special projects and programs, including research, marketing, application, execution and follow-up.
- Two years’ experience in workforce development, staffing or human resources.
- Must be able to communicate in a professional manner.
- Strong follow up skills required.
- Energetic, proactive and organized.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- HS Diploma/GED required. Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree strongly desired.
Salary: $15/HR (28 HRS/WK)
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “PT Recruitment Specialist.”