Senior Director, Membership
The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce is the sole borough-wide economic development and membership organization and is the largest and #1 ranked Chamber of Commerce in New York State. The Brooklyn Chamber is seeking a Senior Director of Membership. This is a key role at the organization, responsible for oversight of the Membership Department, which supports 2,000+ members. This position reports directly to the Executive Vice President and Chief of Staff and works with each department. The Senior Director is expected to attract and retain major members, promote the borough of Brooklyn for businesses, residents, and visitors, and maintain meticulous data on membership. This position supervises two fulltime staff in Member Services. In addition, he or she works on special projects, on behalf of the President and CEO and senior management, as needed.
Responsibilities - Membership
- Membership retention and acquisition:
- Develop initiatives to meet and exceed member acquisition and retention.
- Lead a team to follow through on all membership-related tasks, including billings, communications and data management.
- Lead major member acquisition and oversee major member package fulfillment.
- Conduct weekly membership team meetings.
- Engage staff to meet and exceed annual membership quotas, provide necessary tools to strengthen staff sales’ strategies.
- Update membership materials to attract new members and collect accurate and meaningful data on member businesses.
- Manage updates, enhancement tools and staff training sessions for Weblink, the membership database, as well as ibrooklyn.com website updates and maintenance for membership-related pages. Ensure all membership invoicing and coding are consistent and accurate.
- Represent the organization at public activities.
- Increase neighborhood and borough-wide advocacy to advance the Chamber’s overall economic mission.
- Build and enhance collaboration among 2,000+ members, the business community and stakeholders.
- Organize and run bi-monthly Member Orientations
- Strong analytic and communications skills
- Supervisory experience
- Individually motivated, but a team player
- Fundraising background preferred
- Experience at a membership organization preferred
- Knowledge about Brooklyn and a passion for helping businesses thrive, a plus
Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package, an EEO employer.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Senior Director, Membership.”