The Director of Membership manages the day-to-day operations of the Membership Department and is a direct report to the Vice President of Membership. The Director will develop and implement strategic plans to reach member acquisition and retention goals, and will supervise two full time staff and department interns.
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities:
Member Acquisition, Engagement and Retention
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives to meet and exceed member acquisition and retention goals.
- Oversee enrollment of new members.
- Oversee and continually improve upon robust communications strategy to increase membership engagement and retention.
- Manage current monthly membership dues billing actions, including large mailings and email communications.
- Assist with collecting outstanding membership dues.
- Work collaboratively with all Chamber departments to execute membership initiatives.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with members and related stakeholders and maintain integrity and a high standard of ethics.
- Attend Chamber member events as directed.
- Assist with Chamber event staffing, which include early mornings, evenings and occasional weekends.
- Work on special projects as directed by the President & CEO and Chief of Staff.
- Provide supervision of Membership Department support staff and department interns.
- Draft and maintain Membership Department operations policies and related documents.
- Work closely with VP of Membership, COO, and Finance Department to ensure Weblink membership database integrity and accurate recordkeeping.
- Serve as resource for all Chamber staff on how to utilize Weblink membership database; maintain guides for membership and non-membership staff.
- Explore new Weblink database functions that can improve interface appearance, member value, and internal reporting and tracking capabilities.
- Prepare analytical reports that show status of acquisition and retention of members.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Please send resume and cover letter to Sandra Purpura, HR and Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Director, Membership”.
Full benefits package; an EEO employer