Director, Information Technology and Operations
This position is a direct report to the Chief Operating Officer and is primarily charged with the day-to-day activities related to the overall physical and technological operations of the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce and its various events, including trade shows and other signature programs. This staffer is also responsible for managing our IT contractor and related services. The position works closely with the Special Events and Membership departments, and assists with fund raising for both areas. All Chamber staff also assists with enrollment and retention of Chamber Members. In addition, the position is responsible for special projects as directed by the President and CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Operations, IT and Related
- Manage IT provider, office service contracts, and outside IT vendor relationships including NYC Business Solutions Center, Navigator Program and associated programs.
- Responsible for obtaining information regarding equipment purchases, such as copy and fax machines, postage meters, telephone systems, and related office items.
- Manage all facilities and leases associated with Chamber operations.
- Facilitate the functional alignment and integration of Chamber programs and service initiatives.
Events and Related
- Provide logistics coordination for major Chamber events.
- Work with event venues to ensure excellence in production execution.
- Coordinate efforts with outside vendors, including cost factors.
- Work with program staff on timelines and schedules relating to events.
- Specific focus on the Brooklyn Made program, assisting manufacturers on developing trade events to attend for showcasing and educational programming; exploring and further growing partner organization relationships to advance programmatic activities.
- Attend Chamber events and programs as required, including evening and occasional weekend events.
- Fluent and proficient in all office programs
- General desktop support
- Valid Driver’s License
Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package, an EEO employer.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line:
Director, Information Techology and Operations