Junior Account Manager, NYC Business Solutions
The Junior Account Manager of NYC Business Solutions, Brooklyn Center, is responsible for contributing to the day-to-day operations of the NYC Business Solutions Center as well as helping the Center deliver high-quality services to small business entrepreneurs. Specifically, the Junior Account Manager manages the administrative and support services that are core to the Center’s daily operation. This work includes assessing the potential of entrepreneurs to start their business, answering questions regarding licenses and permits, and pre-screening clients for NYC Business Solutions services.
About NYC Business Solutions:
NYC Business Solutions is a set of services offered by the New York City Department of Small Business Services (SBS) to help businesses start, operate and expand in New York City. NYC Business Solutions has been at the forefront of the Mayor’s commitment to help business customers, providing small businesses and entrepreneurs with the ability to access government services by phone, online, or in person at NYC Business Solutions Centers located in business districts throughout the five boroughs. The NYC Business Solutions set of services consists of: Business Courses, Legal Assistance, Financing, Incentives, Navigating Government, Recruitment, Training, Selling to Government and M/WBE Certification.
About the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce:
The Brooklyn Center is managed by the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce, a community of members that supports and advocates for its member businesses and promotes a healthy and robust business environment in Brooklyn.
Brooklyn Chamber members include local, regional and national businesses with customers or business interests in neighborhoods across the borough. The Chamber's membership mirrors the Brooklyn business community. From proprietors to large corporations, member businesses represent industries such as financial services, energy, insurance, manufacturing, dining, shopping, wholesale and retail trade, fashion, hospitality, health care, real estate and communications.
Primary Job Functions:
- Collaborating with the team to deliver the NYC Business Solutions set of services, which is designed to help business entrepreneurs start, operate, and expand their business in New York City.
- Greeting incoming clients, providing information on the set of NYC Business Solutions services, and answering questions from entrepreneurs and other visitors.
- Conduct regular follow-ups with customers to improve the quality of center service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Provide office management and administrative support, especially in CRM data entry and other operational needs such as tracking inventory.
- Ensure marketing collateral is available and workshop materials are filed properly and are current.
- Other tasks and duties that support the Center and small business owners, as needed
Preferred knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Solid work ethic and high level of professional integrity
- Excellent customer services skills
- Highly-organized and detail-oriented
- Able to multi-task and work effectively under pressure in both team setting and individually
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Able to work both individually and in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of small business assistance, business support and incentive programs in NYC
- Commitment to innovative initiatives in business services and workforce development
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office and database management and reporting, is required; Previous CRM or any sales tracking system experience is preferred.
Experience in face to face sales and/or customer service experience
Experience working with small businesses, community-based organizations, community groups and/or government programs
Candidate must be willing to travel to Brooklyn, Lower Manhattan, and Queens, as requested
At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Full benefits package
How to Apply:
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter including the following subject line:
Financing Account Manager to: email@example.com
The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce is an EEO employer.
NOTE: ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES UNDER CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED.