Vice President, Communications
VICE PRESIDENT, COMMUNICATIONS
This position is a direct report to the President and CEO and is charged with developing and implementing comprehensive communications and strategic marketing plans to increase the organization's visibility and sphere of influence as well as developing and enhancing the organization’s media presence.
The Brooklyn Chamber has experienced tremendous growth and the Vice President for Communications must make sure that the look, brand and both written and visual communications of the Chamber continue to match the outstanding programming that is being conducted. Press experience required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communications and marketing strategy, including the expansion of membership, board, programs and events.
- Build relationships with members of the press and business community, and place both Chamber events and member business events in the media. Aggressively court press for events and announcements.
- Develop, write, and distribute communications and marketing materials, including press releases and event announcements.
- Oversee ibrooklyn.com (BCC website), including a comprehensive redesign and re-launch of the site.
- Redevelop the BCC mobile application.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Explorebk.com to cross-promote and create content.
- Develop and oversee the distribution of the daily “Brooklyn Buzz,” an email blast that hits 15,000 users and the Brooklyn Progress, the Brooklyn Chambers bi-monthly newspaper, as well as member updates and other communications.
- Produce an annual Brooklyn promotional and marketing piece to be distributed to interested investors, trade delegations, tourism companies and non-native New Yorkers.
- Work with an outside vendor to produce an Annual Business Directory and Resource Guide.
- Produce an Annual Report.
- Develop additional methods of raising funds through the website, daily newsletter and membership recruitment.
- Guide the organization's use of social media and other digital marketing tools, including Twitter and Facebook.
- Work with the policy team to edit and write grant proposals and submissions.
- Work to develop branding and creative ideas as well as planning major events.
- Participate with senior staff in strategic planning discussions.
- Salary commensurate with experience; full benefits package offered.
The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce is an EEO employer.
Send resume and expression of interest to Sandra Purpura, Manager, Human Resources at email@example.com
There are no records to display