Senior Director, Healthcare Access and Policy
Junior Account Manager– NYC Business Solutions (Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce)
Junior Account Manager
The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce is a community of Members that supports and advocates for its Member businesses, and promotes a healthy and robust business environment in Brooklyn.
The Brooklyn Chamber has over 1,800 members, including local, regional and national businesses with customers or business interests in neighborhoods across the borough. The Chamber's membership mirrors the Brooklyn business community. From proprietors to large corporations, Member businesses represent industries such as financial services, energy, insurance, manufacturing, dining, shopping, wholesale and retail trade, fashion, hospitality, health care, real estate and communications.
Since 2003, the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce has been the contracted partner providing NYC Business Solutions services throughout Brooklyn. NYC Business Solutions is a suite of services offered by the Department of Small Business Services to help a business start, operate and expand in New York City.
The suite of services consists of:
- Business Education
- Business Planning
- Legal Assistance
- Hiring & Training
- Government Facilitation
- M/WBE Certification
The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce is seeking to fill a Junior Account Manager position within the NYC Business Solutions program. The Junior Account Manager will be responsible for assisting Brooklyn team in achieving quarterly goals, and responsible for marketing the entire suite of NYC Business Solutions programs and services. This position reports directly to the Center Director.
- Research - Identify and segment small to medium size companies with service needs within high demand growth sectors and/occupations.
- Relationship Management - conducting phone calls, sending emails, follow up phone calls for various services/cross selling
- Coordination – Communicate to the fulfillment team complete, accurate, and timely information.
- Administrative Duties – answering 311 calls, data entry, creating spreadsheets, creating reports.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and set goals,
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial; can accept direction
- High proficiency level in MS Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong sense of urgency, a clear understanding of how an individual’s performance affects the outcomes delivered by a team.
- Willingness to learn
- Bilingual helpful.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in business, psychology, human services, finance or a closely related field of study.
How to Apply:
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter including the following subject line: NYC Business Solutions
email@example.com. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Position: Senior Director, Healthcare Access and Policy
The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce is a borough-wide membership and economic development organization dedicated to assisting businesses in Brooklyn through three channels: promotion, support and advocacy. The Chamber and its affiliate the Brooklyn Alliance operate a number of direct business services, technical assistance and support programs to help local Brooklyn businesses grow.
The Director, Healthcare Access and Policy is a direct report to the President and CEO and is charged with overseeing Chamber strategy in the healthcare industry. Among the existing membership are a variety of healthcare companies whose collective interest is to drive public health in the borough as well as ensuring an environment that fosters financial stability. Harnessing the collective interests of the diverse healthcare businesses will be a core function of this position.
- Oversee the NYS Affordable Care Act Navigator program including hiring, training, and supervising all Navigator staff, performing regular Quality Assurance audits, and submitting required reports to Chamber leadership, partner organizations, and NYS Department of Health.
- Fulfill contract management obligations for Chamber and Alliance healthcare programs.
- Support growth of the Brooklyn HealthWorks program.
- Oversee insurance sales arm of Chamber currently being created.
- Oversee healthcare industry membership recruitment and retention initiatives including outreach, major member packages and fulfillment.
- Serve as staff liaison to Chamber Healthcare Committee.
- Testify at public hearings on behalf of Chamber healthcare members.
- Prepare position/policy papers on behalf of healthcare Chamber members.
- Work closely with foundation and grants management staff to identify public and/or private funding for healthcare related interests.
- Work closely with Management team to identify opportunities to support one another’s areas of expertise.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
- All Chamber staff is also required to enroll members, attend events and work on projects for the President and CEO as needed.
- Master’s degree in public health or comparable field.
- Licensed broker in life, health, disability, property and/or casualty insurance.
- Bilingual Spanish, French, Russian, Chinese, French Creole, or other commonly spoken language in New York City.
Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package, an EEO employer.
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no records to display