Currently available positions:
Financing Account Manager, NYC Business Solutions
Vice President, Economic Development
P/T Workforce Development Account Manager
The Vice President for Economic Development is a part of the management team of the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce that reports directly to the President and CEO, and falls within the program team coordinated by the Senior Vice President and Chief of Staff. The VP is responsible for oversight and support of the Economic Development Department, and for providing support to the expanding Workforce Development Department as the staff works through newly-awarded grants. As with every position at the Brooklyn Chamber, this position includes the role of “membership coordinator,” which has the responsibilities of generating leads and acquiring and retaining members. Additionally, the position is responsible to the President and CEO and is thus responsible for carrying out tasks as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Package and disseminate the Economic Development Analysis
- Execute the borough-wide Economic Development Action Plan
- Coordinate both the Real Estate and Development Committee (RED) and REDx (Executive) Committee
- Work with the Director of Good Help to grow the Chamber’s workforce development initiatives, specifically targeting the “makers” community
- Work with the Director of the NYC Business Solutions Center to meet targets for business services
- Grow the success and funding of initiatives such as Brooklyn Go Digital by Google, Chamber on the Go, and more.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, business or related field
- Post-Bachelor’s education preferred
- Management experience
- Bi-lingual preferred but not required
Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package, an EEO employer.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FULL TIME POSITION:
Financing Account Manager, NYC Business Solutions
The Financing Account Manager will be responsible for working with entrepreneurs who are in need of financing assistance and the other relevant services they need to reach their business goal. The position requires experience with providing direct small business assistance, as well as in-depth knowledge of small business lending, financial analysis and credit analysis.
About NYC Business Solutions:
NYC Business Solutions is a set of services offered by the New York City Department of Small Business Services (SBS) to help businesses start, operate and expand in New York City. NYC Business Solutions has been at the forefront of the Mayor’s commitment to help business customers, providing small businesses and entrepreneurs with the ability to access free services by phone, online, or in person at NYC Business Solutions Centers located in business districts throughout the five boroughs. The NYC Business Solutions set of services consists of: Business Courses, Legal Assistance, Financing, Incentives, Navigating Government, Recruitment, Training, Selling to Government and M/WBE Certification.
Marketing and Sales:
- Assist businesses in obtaining financing by identifying the appropriate lender(s) for the business’s need and preparing loan packages (developing, gathering and reviewing financial documents, preparing loan applications, reviewing business plans, etc.)
- Develop relationships with banks, credit unions, alternative lenders, credit building organizations and community development organizations that can provide complementary services to NYC Business Solution Center customers that need financing.
- Market NYC Business Solutions and its services to new and existing business customers through direct business outreach activities
- Leverage partners as referral sources for financing customers who require loan packaging assistance
- Acquire a sufficient volume of new customers with a need for NYC Business Solutions Financing services to ensure the center’s quarterly and annual goals can be achieved
- Develop targeted sales strategies to acquire customers in low to moderate income areas with goals for customer acquisition, measure the success of those strategies on an ongoing basis, and adjust course as needed in order to ensure that sales targets are being achieved
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of Brooklyn, including its neighborhoods, business community, and lenders
- Attend evening and morning networking events, panels, and business socials as a means of conducting business development, as needed
- Create and maintain complete records of customer accounts, including detailed content on sales and service delivery activities completed and full profile information for the business customer, in the system’s CRM database
- Respond to all customer inquiries in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with quality assurance best practices and Center standards
- Experience in small business lending
- A strong belief in the potential of small businesses and the value of understanding their needs and helping them to succeed.
- Strong understanding of small business lending policies and practices including developing and reviewing financial statements and loan packaging
- Proven track record in acquiring and retaining business customers
- Demonstrated knowledge of small business assistance and business support programs in New York City a plus
- Experience using customer relationship management tools or other database systems in order to track and manage services and outcomes
- Ability to manage towards goals in order to ensure the successful achievement of those goals by specific deadlines
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in both a team and individual setting
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- The ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with a diverse array of internal and external stakeholders
- Flexible, adaptable, customer-focused, and goal-oriented with a commitment to high standards of excellence.
- The ability to think innovatively and generate new ideas that can translate directly into results.
- Able to speak and understand one of the following languages is strongly preferred: Cantonese, French Creole, Italian, Mandarin, Russian, and Spanish
- Detail oriented
- At least 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required;
- Experience in face to face sales and/or customer service experience
- Experience working with small businesses, community-based organizations, community groups and/or government programs a plus
How to Apply:
Salary commensurate with experience
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter including the following subject line:
Financing Account Manager, NYC Business Solutions to:
NOTE: ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES UNDER CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED.
The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce is a community that supports and advocates for its member businesses. Our mission is to promote a healthy and robust business environment in Brooklyn.
Good Help is the free employment service offered to Brooklyn businesses. Good Help has been serving the Brooklyn business community for over 15 years. The Good Help program is a workforce intermediary which assists Brooklyn businesses with finding, hiring and retaining qualified employees. Good Help works with a variety of community based organizations, workforce training entities, offices of elected officials, colleges and technical training schools in an effort to source the most qualified candidates for member businesses. Good Help services include: posting open jobs, developing job descriptions, prescreening jobseekers, interviewing jobseekers, computer skills testing, assistance with training and assessments of potential jobseekers.
The Workforce Development Account Manager serves as one of the primary professional staff positions within the Good Help program. This position will report on daily functions to the Director of Workforce Development and report on special projects and assignments as required. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Managing and processing of Good Help job seekers by conducting screening interviews to determine compatibility with specified job requirements.
- Working with referral agencies including community based organizations, employment and training providers and offices of elected officials to solicit appropriate candidates for open Good Help jobs.
- Act as primary liaison to city agencies such as the Workforce 1 Career Center and the Department of Labor to strengthen partnerships and assist in filling job orders.
- Attend all community partnership meetings.
- Provide constructive feedback to referral agencies about candidates referred to Good Help through the use of approved internal systems.
- Conduct field visits to Good Help businesses in an effort to determine job conditions; providing support to businesses for staffing and related workforce development business services.
- Participate in both internal and external events as necessary, including job fairs, trade shows, networking events and seminars.
- Conduct outreach to businesses to increase the number of employers providing job openings to Good Help.
- Support the Director and Vice President with special projects and programs, including research, marketing, application, execution and follow-up.
- Two years’ experience in workforce development, staffing or human resources.
- Must be able to communicate in a professional manner.
- Strong follow up skills required.
- Energetic, proactive and organized.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- HS Diploma/GED required. Associates Degree or Bachelors Degree strongly desired.
$15/HR (28 HRS/WK)
How to Apply
Please email resume to email@example.com