Senior Director, Healthcare Access and Policy
Position: Senior Director, Healthcare Access and Policy
The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce is a borough-wide membership and economic development organization dedicated to assisting businesses in Brooklyn through three channels: promotion, support and advocacy. The Chamber and its affiliate the Brooklyn Alliance operate a number of direct business services, technical assistance and support programs to help local Brooklyn businesses grow.
The Director, Healthcare Access and Policy is a direct report to the President and CEO and is charged with overseeing Chamber strategy in the healthcare industry. Among the existing membership are a variety of healthcare companies whose collective interest is to drive public health in the borough as well as ensuring an environment that fosters financial stability. Harnessing the collective interests of the diverse healthcare businesses will be a core function of this position.
- Oversee the NYS Affordable Care Act Navigator program including hiring, training, and supervising all Navigator staff, performing regular Quality Assurance audits, and submitting required reports to Chamber leadership, partner organizations, and NYS Department of Health.
- Fulfill contract management obligations for Chamber and Alliance healthcare programs.
- Support growth of the Brooklyn HealthWorks program.
- Oversee insurance sales arm of Chamber currently being created.
- Oversee healthcare industry membership recruitment and retention initiatives including outreach, major member packages and fulfillment.
- Serve as staff liaison to Chamber Healthcare Committee.
- Testify at public hearings on behalf of Chamber healthcare members.
- Prepare position/policy papers on behalf of healthcare Chamber members.
- Work closely with foundation and grants management staff to identify public and/or private funding for healthcare related interests.
- Work closely with Management team to identify opportunities to support one another’s areas of expertise.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
- All Chamber staff is also required to enroll members, attend events and work on projects for the President and CEO as needed.
- Master’s degree in public health or comparable field.
- Licensed broker in life, health, disability, property and/or casualty insurance.
- Bilingual Spanish, French, Russian, Chinese, French Creole, or other commonly spoken language in New York City.
Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package, an EEO employer.
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no records to display