Currently available positions:
Financing Account Manager, NYC Business Solutions
FULL TIME POSITION:
Financing Account Manager, NYC Business Solutions
The Financing Account Manager will be responsible for working with entrepreneurs who are in need of financing assistance and the other relevant services they need to reach their business goal. The position requires experience with providing direct small business assistance, as well as in-depth knowledge of small business lending, financial analysis and credit analysis.
About NYC Business Solutions:
NYC Business Solutions is a set of services offered by the New York City Department of Small Business Services (SBS) to help businesses start, operate and expand in New York City. NYC Business Solutions has been at the forefront of the Mayor’s commitment to help business customers, providing small businesses and entrepreneurs with the ability to access free services by phone, online, or in person at NYC Business Solutions Centers located in business districts throughout the five boroughs. The NYC Business Solutions set of services consists of: Business Courses, Legal Assistance, Financing, Incentives, Navigating Government, Recruitment, Training, Selling to Government and M/WBE Certification.
Marketing and Sales:
- Assist businesses in obtaining financing by identifying the appropriate lender(s) for the business’s need and preparing loan packages (developing, gathering and reviewing financial documents, preparing loan applications, reviewing business plans, etc.)
- Develop relationships with banks, credit unions, alternative lenders, credit building organizations and community development organizations that can provide complementary services to NYC Business Solution Center customers that need financing.
- Market NYC Business Solutions and its services to new and existing business customers through direct business outreach activities
- Leverage partners as referral sources for financing customers who require loan packaging assistance
- Acquire a sufficient volume of new customers with a need for NYC Business Solutions Financing services to ensure the center’s quarterly and annual goals can be achieved
- Develop targeted sales strategies to acquire customers in low to moderate income areas with goals for customer acquisition, measure the success of those strategies on an ongoing basis, and adjust course as needed in order to ensure that sales targets are being achieved
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of Brooklyn, including its neighborhoods, business community, and lenders
- Attend evening and morning networking events, panels, and business socials as a means of conducting business development, as needed
- Create and maintain complete records of customer accounts, including detailed content on sales and service delivery activities completed and full profile information for the business customer, in the system’s CRM database
- Respond to all customer inquiries in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with quality assurance best practices and Center standards
- Experience in small business lending
- A strong belief in the potential of small businesses and the value of understanding their needs and helping them to succeed.
- Strong understanding of small business lending policies and practices including developing and reviewing financial statements and loan packaging
- Proven track record in acquiring and retaining business customers
- Demonstrated knowledge of small business assistance and business support programs in New York City a plus
- Experience using customer relationship management tools or other database systems in order to track and manage services and outcomes
- Ability to manage towards goals in order to ensure the successful achievement of those goals by specific deadlines
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in both a team and individual setting
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- The ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with a diverse array of internal and external stakeholders
- Flexible, adaptable, customer-focused, and goal-oriented with a commitment to high standards of excellence.
- The ability to think innovatively and generate new ideas that can translate directly into results.
- Able to speak and understand one of the following languages is strongly preferred: Cantonese, French Creole, Italian, Mandarin, Russian, and Spanish
- Detail oriented
- At least 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required;
- Experience in face to face sales and/or customer service experience
- Experience working with small businesses, community-based organizations, community groups and/or government programs a plus
How to Apply:
Salary commensurate with experience
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter including the following subject line:
Financing Account Manager, NYC Business Solutions to:
NOTE: ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES UNDER CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED.
There are no records to display