Coordinator, Chamber on the Go
COORDINATOR – CHAMBER ON THE GO
The Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce is a borough-wide membership and economic development organization dedicated to helping businesses in Brooklyn through three channels: promotion, support and advocacy. The Chamber and its affiliate the Brooklyn Alliance operate a number of direct business services, technical assistance and support programs to help local Brooklyn businesses grow.
Chamber on the Go is an exciting new economic development initiative funded by the NYC Council as part of the adopted FY2015 budget and this is the pilot year for this program. Chamber on the Go will bring services from its downtown Brooklyn base (335 Adams Street) and its Business Solutions Center (9 Bond Street) – to neighborhoods underserved, or with challenges getting to the downtown locations.
Chamber on the Go services will include:
- NYC Business Solutions programs including legal assistance, recruiting, access to financing, MWBE Certification, government facilitation and ombudsman assistance for city and state regulations
- NYS Affordable Care Act Navigator enrollment and education
- Brooklyn HealthWorks insurance services for small businesses
- Good Help employment services
- Economic Development services such as merchant organizing, and district marketing and promotion
- ExploreBK.com which provides publicity of businesses through the borough’s first-ever comprehensive website
- The Chamber On The Go Coordinator will be responsible for working with in-house staff, City Council members and community-based organizations to identify business districts and individual business needs
- Identifying appropriate Chamber and Business Solutions staff to address those need
- Ensure client intake and follow-up
- Oversee all aspects of program management including outcomes measurement, marketing and outreach, partnership development, project coordination and overall reporting
- Identifying areas for improvement, spearheading corrective action plans, and working closely with key staff on strategies to improve overall performance
- Report directly to the President & CEO
- All Chamber staff is also required to enroll members, attend events and work on projects for the President and CEO as needed
Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package, an EEO employer.
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no records to display