Brooklyn Metal Partnership
The employer-led Metal Works Industry Partnership and Training program provides participants with 175 hours of real-world instruction over a 12-week period. No prior metal work experience is needed, and the program is offered free of charge.
- Must be 18 years or older to participate
- Must have OSHA certification (10 or 30)
- Must be able to commit to full 12-week training
- Must be available between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
What the program offers:
- Learn to weld and fabricate in actual metal shops in Brooklyn
- Complete metal projects
- Gain F60 and G60 certifications with the opportunity to advance to American Welding Society (AWS) training and have full cost of exam covered
If you are a Brooklyn Metal Shop interested in becoming an employer partner or hiring our graduates, or if you are interested in applying for the program, contact Athena Hernandez, Director of Good Help Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Partnership is conducted in partnership with five organizations that provide training:
New York Community Trust
Bott Welding and Consulting
Total Metal Resource